Tuesday 13 May 2014

Lately...


...we had a bit of mixed weather.


Sun makes everything look so much nicer in the garden. I do try to make the most of the good weather whenever I can. I spend a lot of time sitting and knitting on my swing.


 Knitting with this yarn has been fun! It is bit difficult to keep the tension the same, but it knits so quickly. And the colour, I just LOVE IT!



LOVE the colourful makes in this book too. One of my favourite books by Salina Lake ' Homespun Style'.




I have completed both arms and almost the back. Just the front two sides and stitching the whole big lot is left. Still quite a bit I guess.



I do need some healthy food in between with a nice cup of tea or coffee!


Couldn't believe how heavily it rained and how lucky we were just few days before to camp in the lovely sunshine.


And I have started a new project. Another one without completing the previous ones. To be honest I am not too bad at this point. Don't have too many projects on a go. My little one keeps me busy so not easy to be too ambitious at this point. I am finding knitting the easiest to do combined with looking after the little one.



So, let me tell you about my this project. This is going to be for Tiffany (our caravan). Its magical mitered squares. You start knitting them all straight but as you go on decreasing at the central point it ends up as a square.



Once you have got two knitted squares you then pick up stitches (which saves a lot of time later on as you don't need to stitch each individual square together) and knit the third square and ....



The fourth one!. So now I have to just keep going.


 Maybe I will take this project with me on our next holiday.


Oh yes! I can't wait to go to Holland. During the half term we are going to see our Dutch family in Holland. Girls are excited as we are for the first time going in a ferry. I am not very keen on the journey itself as I get sea sick. But we will see. As for now we are all looking forward to visit our relatives in Holland.

No comments:

Post a Comment