Saturday 22 March 2014

'How does your garden grow?'


 This is such a beautiful time of the year. Everywhere it looks so pretty! The trees are full of blossoms.

 It is lovely to sit outside with freshly brewed coffee on a sunny day...


 ...watching Maggie, Peggy (hens) and Nibbles (bunny). Could sit with a nice book or knitting but I just wanted to enjoy the spring as it's finally here! Just enjoy fresh air and the beautiful trees and flowers.




I cut just a few branches of blossoms and Rosemary from the garden for my flower pot, or rather jug. I love mixing herbs and flowers, so much better than shop bought. You can be so creative with them too. Did anyone watch Garden Revival when they showed about British cut flowers? I do enjoy watching garden and wildlife programmes on telly.


This is the time of the year when I start getting itchy for gardening. Lots to do at the moment but it still feels quite cold and the heavens opened up again. Typical...


'Grow your own' by 'Carol  Klein' and 'Thrifty Gardener' by 'Alys Fowler' are two of my favourite garden books. I do miss watching these shows on TV. Anyway for now I have bought a few tomato plants and cress seed packet (egg and cress sandwich... YUM!)


'I wonder how does your garden grow?'



Some yellow crocus and a tiny tomato plant on my kitchen windowsill. Look at the cute little lamb and the hen. Last year I got them from a craft gallery in Cornwall. I just fell in love with this little baa baa sheep.

Sun or rain, I am just enjoying the spring and am dreaming of growing lots in my little vegetable patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment